It has been about a month since my last chemo treatment, and things are slowly getting better. At times I almost forget I was so sick, and then when I look into the mirror I am quickly reminded of the horrendous ordeal I went through. My appetite is back in full, I am no longer sick, but my strength and energy still isn't quite where I would like it. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining. I am grateful for every breath I have. It is so nice to be able to chase the kids around the back yard, granted I can't go for as long because I tire out pretty quick but it is so nice to be able to be a daddy and a husband again. I am back to work full time and I think that has thrown the littlest of the kids for a loop.
I am so thankful for My family and friends who put their lives on hold, came when it wasn't convenient, and sacrificed so much for my family while I was down. We couldn't have done it without your help and support. You know who you are and we love and appreciate you. I think Melanie deserves the gold medal for the past 20 weeks. She not only took care of me but kept up the house and took care of our three little blessings. (while pregnant I might add). I had the easy part. I just layed around or slept. I have an appointment tomorrow and then in another month. After that I have another scan in October to see what is happening if anything in my chest. We are being optimistic that the scans will come back negative.
As the author Victor Hugo states in his timeless book Les Miserables...Every day I walk with longer steps, I walk with stronger steps, the worst is over. (We hope the worst is over) Life is good, as horrible of an experience as this has been it has been a great experience. I have learned so much about myself, and others around me. I have had my testimony strengthened and my relationship with my Lord and Savior has grown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Brian, we are still praying for you and hope that you win this battle. Take care and we will keep in touch.
I am very glad to know you Brian. You are such a good example of persistance and drive. I know I am one of many that prays for you and thinks about you in holy places. You have helped my fasts to be more sincere. You have helped my temple worship to be more focused and my prayers to be more meaningful.
Thankyou for being able to go through all of this so the faith of the rest of us can increase.
melanie and Brian congrats on the news!! Melanie I ran into your mom at Melody's baby shower. It was good to see her. She also wanted me to let you know. That I have 3 babies. They are not really babies, but they will always be to me. I have 2 boys and 1 little girl. E-mail me when you get a chance. Jaredheath@infowest.com talk to you later love, Harmony!
It is through trials that a persons TRUE character comes out and the way you have handled this trial has been nothing less then inspiring. An example you have been to all of us to keep an amazing attitude while going through some of lifes biggest and hardest challenges. My life has been touched as I have watched you and Melanie carry on when carrying on seems impossible. Thanks for the inspiration, thanks for the example, thanks for the life lessons you have taught me.
Post a Comment