Today I'm trying to think of happy thoughts to get me through my day. It has been a rough couple days. The end of the round 2 of chemotherapy has not been kind to Brian. I can not express how difficult it is to see my vibrant, active husband so sick and tired in bed that he can literally barely get up. I wish I could solve it and make everything all better... for that matter ANYTHING better!
It has been an interesting experience for us to have the sacrament arrive at our doorstep every Sunday morning. It offers a different light on it when you have young men blessing it in your bedroom with birds chirping out the window. It has also shed a different perspective on what our Savior has gone through. As Brian said this morning, while talking about the amount of suffering that Christ went through for just him, it is hard to comprehend the suffering he went through for everyone, (Brian said, "Poor Guy!").
I was sent a link for this lds youtube video awhile ago, but hadn't had a chance to open it. It is worth your 8 minutes-just grab a tissue before it starts! It also gave me a good perspective to keep in mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDvxPjsm8E
I am on the hunt for uplifting quotes to keep around the house. Short ones that will help me get through another day when things are hard. (Please don't send me: "This too shall pass!") Any happy, spiritual, funny, uplifting about kids, life in general. I would appreciate any you would like to share!
THANK YOU SO MUCH... to dinners that arrive on our doorstep, anonymous donations in our account recently, family and friends so willing to help out with anything! Once again, you will never understand what large and small acts of service/ help do for us right now. You WILL be blessed for your efforts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Melanie
Can I please have your mailing address and the ages of your kids
email me at
itsjustmeshannon@yahoo.com !!
Your in my thoughts and prayers I come to your blog all the time to check for updates...
Shannon K.
What a sweet picture of you and Brian. I will work on some thoughts for you. Most of mine are somewhere on my blog. "Life is what YOU make it." is my newest favorite and "See what Heaven Sees" is always been helpful to me.
Cross Stitch...
If you hold a stitch work project above your head, from where we see it looking up, it looks really messy we can relate this to lifes trials, burdens, and hardships. Now look at it from above, this is heavenly fathers view, it is a beautiful picture, complete.... Although life does intell hardships, illness, and alot of messy things, it is all in Gods plan... May we all learn to see life as out Father in Heaven does...
Post a Comment