This was one of the highlights of our holiday this year. We decided to put our neighbor gift money to better use this year. We bought some Jamba Juice gift cards and went to the same treatment center where Brian received his chemotherapy. (Most people are really sick, or have mouth sores, but they can usually enjoy a smoothie. It lets them have something normal for a change.) We let our kids give each patient there a gift card and tell them Merry Christmas. Being back in the chemo suite and seeing other people go through what Brian just went through was a shock to both of us. We thought it would be good for our kids to see what other people were going through and help them to remember the true spirit of Christmas. However, I think it ended up helping Brian and I a lot more. I have learned through the year of 2010 was a great deal of PERSPECTIVE. No matter how hard my days at home with my children are, it could always be worse. I could be having a hard day at home with my kids, while my husband is sick and receiving chemo, or worse. So although 2010 was a difficult year for us- it was a year of great PERSPECTIVE. What would your word be for 2010? What would you like to gain through 2011? That's what I'm thinking about right now.... (I hope I've had enough perspective and I don't need any more for awhile!)
For those of you that are wondering, we find out results from Brian's bloodwork, xrays and recent cat scan on Tuesday. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Most of us could use a little more perspective in our lives. I love reading your posts, because it always gives me more. Thanks for sharing some of your hard and sweet moments with us. You have the most beautiful family!
what a great idea for Christmas!
for 2010 I tried to gain contentment, being happy with what I have and not always wishing for more, this year I hope to simplify and put first things first. :)
Post a Comment