Friday, April 23, 2010

A few facts..

  • We found out that Brian had cancer exactly 2 weeks ago today. (longest 2 weeks of our lives)
  • He had surgery exactly 1 week ago today.
  • He has had a health condition for 3 years that gave him a 0.4% chance of getting cancer- well, I guess we beat those odds!
  • I never imagined my bedroom was going to turn into a living room and I'm wondering if I should bring a couch and coffee table in....
  • Kid #1  has created many "Get Well Soon" cards and bookmarks to help daddy feel better.
  • Kid #2 wants to feed daddy "taffyioca"-sure that it will cure him of any ailment he has.
  • Kid #3 still enjoys dipping toothbrushes in toilets and is currently dipping her doll in her breakfast.
  • Brian refuses to stay down and took the kids to the park by our house (it was a lot longer walk than he remembered.)
  • I'm still trying to convince Brian that running the Ragnar is probably not the best idea right now... wish me luck!
  • I (Melanie) am..... tired!

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

So, statistics are a funny thing. The UofU told us we had a 1% chance of having kids ourself and if we actually did they would all be handycap. We proved them wrong didn't we? :)

I bet you are tired Melanie. I think about the greatest trials I have had in my life and how tired I was during those times. Trials are draining. I have no doubt you will be strengthened though. You will find peace. You will be carried through this. We are praying for you and your family. I'm sure a lot of people are. Thank you for sharing this with us so we continue to keep you in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

Bobbidee said...

That is all crazy. It is hard to stay down. I feel like I want to run a race too but it is not the smartest thing to do right now! Good luck with keeping him down! :)

Stephanie said...

I guess you and Odette should by lotto tickets! You would win with such great odds! Then we could pay all the medical bills and go to disneyland together!

Love you and I will try and be in tune as you have and help you out in any way that I can!