Thursday, April 29, 2010
"Love is a verb not an adjective"
Well another week has passed and we are still seeking answers. We have met with more Physicians and Oncologists and seem to leave each time with more questions than we have answers. As for now it looks like maybe the second surgery will not be as effective as we had previously anticipated. Chemotherapy is sounding like it might be the way to go. A PET scan has been scheduled for next week. There is a chance that the cancer has spread farther than we think. (Lets hope not) This scan will show if there are more distant metastasis other than the paraaortic lymph nodes that we already know about. If that is the case then 3-4 cycles of chemo and then possibly surgery will be the answer.(we think) Hopefully we will know soon. The anticipation and anxiety is almost enough to send us to the ice cream freezer multiple times a day. Melanie has taken on the role of landscaper along with her many many roles she has around the house. The kids think something is up but still think that I'm just sick. I am recovering well from surgery, and it is nice to be up and around without much pain. Yes I have tried to go running. 3.5 miles never felt so long. I even tried mowing the lawn the other day. Yeah,,, I needed help. This already has been a humbling experience. It is hard to go from being able to do anything I want to having to ask for help to turn my soil and even finish mowing my lawn. Thank you to good neighbors, friends, and family for all the wonderful meals and help we have already received. Your kindness and prayers have helped us start this journey. You will never know the impact that a phone call, meal or act of service has on us right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I know a scout that wants to mow lawns for service hours. Should I send him your way?
I think we live in a great neighborhood. You guys will be well taken care of. :)
I bet you crave running right now Brian. There have been a few times in my life were I wasn't able to run for a few months after surgeries, etc. and I craved running during those times more than any other time. I would dream about it frequently. It made me really treasure those times when I was able to run again.
I hope you're able to bounce back quickly.
I am glad you live in a good place, since I am nowhere close to help you! We will keep you in our prayers and keep hoping for the best! :)
Someone once told me that life is to hard to understand. Although we may not understand, we endure and enjoy lifes journeys along the way... You have an amazing family, I love you all... Find joy in the small things, smile and laugh as much as you can. It is healing and will get you through this...
Brian, I told you to let me know if and when you need your lawn mowed or anything else. I'm just a call away!
Give me a call if you need a running partner!
Eric
Hmmm, Brian is this a precursor for what is to come. They'll say no running you'll run two miles. They'll say you can run two and you'll run five. They'll say you can run five and you'll run ten. That's the athlete in you! INSPIRING!
Melanie, you better not be doing much of the landscaping because I told you we don't start something and not finish it. If we come down and there is no yardwork to do-your in BIG trouble-(and I'm gonna tell mom and dad)he he
Love you-Love you- Love you
Post a Comment