Sunday, May 16, 2010

Angels Among Us

In these last few weeks I have become very aware of the angels that Brian and I have among us. My sister gave me this scripture tonight that went with what I already wanted to post:
D&C 84:88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
We have many angels, but here are some of the recent ones we have noticed:


  • A friend that comes to help me finish cleaning the house and helps me put my kids to bed.

  • Brothers and Sisters willing to wake up way too early to come to my house so we can make doctor's appointments.

  • Many freezer meals from friends and family.

  • Phone calls to pick up groceries, plants, rotisserie chickens from Walmart and ice cream from Costco (cravings- for Brian and I have been a little off the wall.....!)

  • Parents who babysit for DAYS in a row.

  • Moms who do laundry, clean my house, bathe my kids, and fix many dinner, make phone calls for me, do my dishes, clean out my cupboards, and MORE.....

  • Dads who finish "honey-do" lists, spray my house for spiders, clean out my disgusting freezer, pick up endless amounts of groceries, take Brian to chemo appointments, take my kids into town, buy lots of Arctic circle hamburgers and shakes, and MORE.... 

  • Friends who watch my kids at a moment's notice.

  • Family delivering soups, casseroles, and Burger Bar Big Bens (have to be from Ogden to get that one!)

  • Neighbors who mow lawns and help in our yard.

  • Treats dropped off at our home.

  • Secret deposits of money into our account.

  • Gift bags of toilet paper, lysol, soap, groceries arriving on my doorstep.

  • Notes in the mail.

  • People willing to help out with dinners this week.
  • How ironic that I had just typed the above when I got a knock and my door and this is what I found:

To whoever you sweet souls are- thank you! (Those bottled peaches are ALL mine... alright, maybe I'll let Brian have 1 dish!) THANK YOU! You will be blessed! I can't tell you how much it touched Brian and I!

Thank you to those mentioned above and those who my emotional, pregnant brain has somehow missed.  We appreciate all of our angels so much and KNOW YOU WILL BE BLESSED! Know that we couldn't do this without "angels to bear us up."

For those of you who want an update about Brian, here it is: Cancer sucks, he feels horrible, I am hoping that he can sleep through as much as possible, and he wouldn't wish this heck on his worst enemy!


5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I found it quite humorous that your very last sentence sounds a lot like something I have said or written quite a few times! I am glad you are getting so much help. I hope I can help out with anything you may need. Love ya.

Jackson Family said...

Melanie
Your all in my thoughts and prayers...I come here often to get an update....Please let me know where and when I can help....I would LOVE to bring you Burger bar!!!

Terrie Ann said...

A wise sister in-law (Katie) once wrote:"I think that God puts people in our path that will love us when we need it most, who will pick us up and dust us off and give us a hug, when we need it most." Thank heaven for those special “angels” that are there when we need them and are willing to do anything to help. Grateful to those angels around you that are there when you need them. You have some AMAZING friends and neighbors.

Jenn said...

Reading this post I can't help but think of the last Relief Society event I attended in our LM 1st ward before I moved. There were some pretty sweet and inspired sisters who planned a wonderful enrichment on women and angels. The speaker was amazing. I'm so glad he's close to you :) I think your family is very blessed to live in a place with so many wonderful neighbors. I miss everyone already. And I'm glad they are still so amazing! Blessings are real, even when times are tough.

Kate said...

Funny thing is that while you were typing this... I was talking about this from the pulpit in Sacrament Mtg. There are "angels" everywhere to help you carry your load.
I was just talking to a friend who was praying for help. I told her that when you pray to make it through one more day..hour.. min. the Lord will send his angels... He sends your friends, family, neighbors to help lighten your burden. Thank you to everyone who has been able to help.
We are coming one day... just let us get everyone better first!
Love you guys and you know you are always in our every prayer.