Sunday, May 23, 2010

Life Nowadays....

Life around here has definitely changed, not only because of Brian's cancer, but because of this pregnancy. I now would love to have my "boring, monotonous life" back. I've now realized that "boring" and "monotonous" are very blessed words.  Here are a few changes around our house right now:
  • The cleaning process to keep the house as clean as possible is unreal (and not just because we have 3 children!!). People ask what it entails and this is what I tell them: every night before you go to bed pretend that your mother in law is coming the next morning and not only is she coming, be she will be checking to make sure there are no germs on any surfaces! (Did that paint a picture for you!?!) Every bathroom sink, toilet, all counter tops, kitchen sink, every doorknob and light switch, phones, etc. are sanitized before we go to bed. I wish I could tell the kids not to touch anything. It would sure make my life easier! A good thing though- it is nice to wake up in the morning to a spotless house!
  • I literally buy Lysol wipes in bulk.(Well, all right, my friend Darby gets them for me at Costco every time they go. She brings us ice cream from there too- it's good!)
  • Brian's stomach hasn't been able to handle anything even remotely spicy, so we are eating bland food right now. My pregnant belly couldn't take it any longer and I got myself some Panda Express orange chicken last time I was out. (I will BRIBE the next person that comes to visit from Ogden if they'll bring me some szechuan chicken from Wing Wah... literally bribe you! name your price!)
  • We are packing hospital bags- and not in case I got into early labor. We have to be prepared at a moments notice to head to the emergency room if Brian shows certain side effects or gets a fever higher than 101.
  • If you come to my house expect to see the adults in pajama pants, and praise the day if all 3 children are actually dressed, and a bonus if their hair is done!
  • As for Brian, a good day for him is like a bad day of the flu for anyone else. He is on week 2 of recovery and should lose his hair any day now. We are beginning to hate Tuesdays, because he has to have a chemo shot called Bleomycin, which makes him horribly sick all day and into Wednesday. He even thinks he's going to try running next week. I guess you can take the runner our of the run, but not the run out of the runner.
  • I just began my 2nd trimester this week and am hoping that the nausea lets up ANY DAY NOW!(It better, because the contractions began 2 weeks ago) : )

6 comments:

Bobbidee said...

Oh My! That is all I can say. How difficult!!! Brian you better just close your eyes and sprint in your head--maybe that will help heal you ;). We will continue praying and thinking of you. Wish we could do more!

Amy and Kris said...

I love your cute picture at the top of your blog of your family! Priceless! You KNOW I'm willing to come help you with the nightly cleaning process ANYTIME! You just say the word & I'll be there! :)

Terrie Ann said...

Alright, alright you've twisted my arm-I'll bring you some szechwan chicken. I guess Brian will get the bland carton of rice right? Sorry Brian.

Brooklyn said...

szechwan chicken? Sounds like something we need to try if it's that good. :) I don't think I'll be going to Ogden until August but I'll bring you home some!

Darby is awesome!

I hope Brian at least has some good dreams about running. When I was pregnant with my twins and couldn't run, I would have very vivid dreams about running. I would see entire 6 mile routes in my dream. It was weird but it made me happy when I woke up.

We're still praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Brian call me if you need someone to go running with. I'll try an keep up with you.

I hope you got the hand sanitizer on your door step. We have a ton of that stuff laying around our office from our open enrollment. I thought you guys could use some of that.

Eric N.

Angie said...

Thinking of you guys every day. Love you! Wish I was close enough to do something. If I can do anything, let me know. We'll keep praying for you all!
P.S. I understand with the szechuan!! Think it could be mailed?!?!