To be honest I don't know exactly what to think. At first it was a little intimidating. Walking into the room and seeing rows of recliners and tv's I.V. stands and nurses moving from patient to patient. Melanie sat right by me the entire time. We had a nice view of the Mountains and part of me wished I was running up it instead of sitting where I was. It wasn't my idea of a good quality date, but it was real nice to have her there to talk to. The first hour or so was just hydration through an I.V. Then the anti-nausea drugs, then the chemo. I didn't know quite what to feel inside when I watched them hook that bag of poison to my lines. It was a very different experience. While sitting there I felt pretty good for the most part. The worst of it was when they accessed my port. Ouch!! That hurt more than I would have thought. Right now I feel like throwing up, it is just a weird feeling that is hard to describe. The nurse said that the first few days won't be too bad but it is all down hill from there..(Nothing like words of encouragement) We'll have to see what the rest of the week brings,,, but for now..... Optimism! -B-
Such a different Monday morning than some in the past. I needed more consoling than Brian as they began hooking Brian up to his lines. I agree with Brian- watching that bag of chemo being hooked up was strange in many ways. Knowing that we actually signed up (and are actually paying for) this poison to go directly to his heart and begin killing so many cells in his body was very....shall we say... difficult!
It was actually somewhat peaceful in the room and we enjoyed spending time chatting together and in some cases just being near each other- without one person asking us for a drink, a treat or a story! (in fact we even got free drinks and pretzels... free.. what a laugh....that's the most expensive food we'll ever eat on a date!)
We make quite the pair with both of us on anti-nausea meds (zofran), him for chemo, me for morning sickness. -M-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
You're pregnant?!!! I didn't know that! When are you due? Congratulations!
I'm sorry about your "date" today. Hang in there! We'll keep you in our prayers.
Well, Brian you got day one under your belt it sounds like! We will still keep you in our prayers!
Mel, CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you! You are such a great mom! And this baby is so lucky to be born into your cute little family!
Congrats on the little bean! And cograts on being one day closer to being cancer free! I'm sure there will be very difficult days ahead but it will be worth it when you are all done and able to enjoy your normal life again. Please let us knowif we can help with anything. You have such a beautiful family! :)
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you guys all day and we will continue to do so..
Congratulations!!!
Yeah!! Nothing like a new baby!!! Congrats! How far along are you guys! You are in our prayers!! Let me know what I can do to help you!!! What a sneaky way to announce your pregnancy!!
Well Congrats on the baby! And good luck with the nausea for both of you. I cannot imagine what you are going through but you are certainly in our thoughts and prayers.
Congrats on the new addition!! What a bitter sweet time for your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
I'd start requesting Burger Bar hamburgers or Wing Wah chicken if I were you. Pretzels?????? soda????? Is that the best they can do! I'll have to bring it down on week three when it might sound remotly good to Brian.
We love you both!
Looks like a ray of sunshine in a dismal situation. Which miracle did you pray for? Looks like it will work out to have 2! We are praying for your family.
Congrats on the baby!!! Wow a lot is happening. I am thinking about both of you and will continue my prayers. Katie
Brian, Hang in there, running will come soon enough:) We're thinking of you and praying for you. Congrats on the new addition to your family. Hopefully through all the nausea you both will be able to find some comfort. I'm glad you got to spend some time together without the demands of the sweet little ones. I love your positive attitudes!
Melanie!!! Congrats. That is so awesome you are prego!! You are so sneaky! I had to read it twice to make sure that's what I was reading. Well that's crapy about the nausea. I guess Brian will get a little taste of morning sickness.j/k! We continue to pray for you. See ya later
Love, Harmony
I guess I can tell your secret?! I am excited for you two. I understand the weird feeling of letting someone put poison in. Did they not numb your port? Good luck.
Brian-
Long time, no see. You have a beautiful family. Congrats on the new baby on the way!
I just heard from Angie about your health problems! I'm so sorry to hear about your trial, and want you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!
Bart Thompson
Post a Comment